# Metrics (Thresholds)
Once the Threshold Rules have been configured, the user can interact with the created thresholds and metrics on the main Acure screen - SM Maps (Thresholds tab).
Information about open and closed thresholds is presented in a table form on the Thresholds tab, which contains the basics of the threshold:
- Threshold Name - an immutable value that is defined in the threshold creation rule.
- Level and status - an immutable attribute of the threshold, determined by the condition for creating and closing a threshold. The level model contains the following statuses and levels:
- Creation date - the date and time the threshold was created (up to milliseconds when hovering the mouse cursor over a cell).
- Confirmation date - the date and time of the threshold confirmation. It indicates that metrics keep being received under this threshold.
- Value with which the threshold was created - the critical value of the metric with which the threshold was created (specified when the threshold is created and remains unchanged).
- Linked configuration items - CIs which are bound with the threshold. Binding of thresholds to CI is being performed in automation scenarios.
- Rule Name - the threshold calculation rule under which it was created.
- Labels of the received metric.
- Annotations - manually added labels in the threshold calculation rule.
- Threshold Owner - the Workgroup that owns the threshold. It is inherited from the calculation rule.
- Closing date - the date and time when the threshold was closed (up to milliseconds when hovering the mouse cursor over a cell).
# Thresholds details
When selecting any threshold in the table, the bottom panel is displayed with detailed information about the threshold with a history of previously created thresholds for the current metric. The history is presented in a timeline form, on which the thresholds are located in compliance with their lifetime.
Time series graph for the metric under which the current threshold was created also is displayed in the detailed information about the threshold.
The graph displays information about the configured levels for the rule under which the threshold was created.
Zoom tools and moving around the graph are applicable for the graph and timeline.
When selecting a period on a timeline or metric graph, the selected period is applied as a range filter for all thresholds.
# Threshold filtration
For filtering thresholds by parameters, the following filtering functions are provided:
Filtering by threshold level
Filtration by levels is presented as colored buttons:
By pressing the corresponding button only thresholds of the selected level are displayed in the table.
Filtering by threshold status
Filtering by threshold creation date
Filtering by the tied CI
Filtering by CI is performed by selecting the appropriate SM Maps or directly by selecting CI in the list of CIs on the left.
Thresholds search is executed by the following threshold parameters:
The threshold hash is not displayed on the screen, but this field exists in the parameters of each threshold (for example, in the threshold model in automation scenarios)
Match in the name and values of the fields
Match in the name and values of the fields
# Threshold grouping
Working with metrics, the user can group thresholds by unique identifiers in order to look at the status of a particular metric, even if there are no open thresholds for it.
The current version includes by default grouping by unique metric identifiers (hash function) and by the rule name under which the threshold was calculated.
The head element of the group displays the last created threshold under this rule.
When opening a group of thresholds, regardless of the number of elements in the group, information about ten thresholds is loaded. Every next subgroup of thresholds is loaded clicking on the Show more button.
# Threshold screen personalization
While working with thresholds, the user can personalize the display of columns in the Thresholds table.
In order to change the order of the columns, as well as enable/disable the display of them in the table, click the gear button in the top-right corner of the screen.
Define the order and composition of the columns according to your needs.
⚠️ Managing the "Name" and "Level" columns display is not available, these columns are always displayed.
Settings are applied and saved automatically after each performed operation.
💡 The order of the columns in the table can also be changed using the Drag&Drop method, by dragging the columns left and right while in the Thresholds table.
In order to reset the settings of the column display to the default state, click the reset button, close to the Edit set of columns heading in the Personal settings pop-up.
# Automatic update of threshold information
Automatic update of information in the table is turned on by default for all Userspaces while working with Thresholds.
💡 The information in the table is updated every 10 seconds.
In case of any changes in the Threshold parameters in real time, the threshold may no longer meet the filtering conditions and will be excluded from the table view.
Data on the timeline and metrics graph is also updated automatically on the Threshold Details bottom panel.
💡 The information in the Threshold Details is being updated when receiving events about updating threshold information (closing, confirmation, links with CI).